A History of Class
In 1873, Henry Campbell purchased a plot of park property from the city and on it constructed the Campbell House Hotel. Five years later, Campbell sold the hotel to lumber barons J. Perry Hannah and A. Tracy Lay. The property was upgraded to a level of opulence and service equal to the world-class hotels of the day and renamed The Park Place in recognition of its early beginnings.
In 1930, the completion of the 10-story tower made our hotel the tallest building in Traverse City, and its 25,000-watt beacon became the symbol of its far-reaching hospitality.
Over the years, Park Place Hotel & Conference Center has hosted luminaries in entertainment, business, politics, and the arts and has claimed a prominent and cherished role in the area.
Now in our second century, we are proud of our rich and colorful past—and eager to share our exciting future. Owned and managed by Regency Hotel Management, we have a strong sense of community responsibility and an unwavering commitment to guest comfort and satisfaction.
See For Yourself
Book your stay with us and see what our hotel is all about!Check Availability